Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Friday, June 17, 2016
The network issues have been resolved and restarting your computer is what you need to do for the fix to take place. Please let the HelpDesk know if you notice any other issues by calling us at 765-658-4294 or emailing us at HelpDesk@depauw.edu.
We appreciate your understanding as we worked to resolve this issue!
Thursday, June 16, 2016
If you are having issues connecting to the network drives, please go to the appropriate IT KnowledgeBase article that follows and run the network script:
The network team is in contact with our vendor, but it looks like it may be a day or two before there is a more permanent solution. Please keep this tech-notice handy in case your network drives are lost again.
We are currently working to resolve the issue with the network. We appreciate your patience at this time.
Monday, June 13, 2016
HelpDesk Office will be closed for walk-in support on Tuesday, 6/14. We will be answering phone calls and email. #AlertIT
With the Union Building water shutdown all day tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/14), the HelpDesk Office will be closed for walk-in support. However, we will be available by email at HelpDesk@depauw.edu and phone at 765-658-4294. Please feel free to leave a voicemail as it will forward to our email, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your understanding!
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Quick reminder: Systems maintenance on Sunday, 6/26, from 7 a.m. until noon affecting all systems. #MaintainIT
Information Services will be performing systems maintenance on Sunday, 6/26, from 7 a.m. until noon. During this time, all systems will have limited accessibility, including printing, Internet, Moodle, and e-Services.
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Several different spam messages are hitting campus. Do NOT click on the link. Do NOT reply to it. #AlertIT
We are receiving reports of several different spam messages hitting campus (e.g. Student Job Offer, HelpDesk Update Information, etc.). Any time you receive suspicious email such as this, do not click on any links or attachments and do not reply to it.
We strongly recommend you follow these steps when you receive suspicious email:
- If you have given out financial information, immediately make a report to Public Safety at (765) 658-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not respond to or click on any links or attachments.
- Select the suspicious email in your mailbox, then click Report spam to remove it from your account and to report it to Google. When you do this, you may be given two options:
- Report spam - Choose this option - CHOOSE OPTION 1.
- Unsubscribe and report spam - Do NOT choose this option.
- Change your Google Apps Account password immediately if you replied to a suspicious email or opened an attachment by following the step-by-step instructions at Change password: Google Apps Account (email) on the IT KnowledgeBase.
- Run a virus scan as a further precaution if you have received a suspicious email. The Securing devices article on the IT KnowledgeBase is the place to go to learn how you can download and run Symantec Endpoint Protection on your computer.
- Additional information is available on the IT KnowledgeBase at Information Security.
Furthermore, the Secure your Google Apps account article on the IT KnowledgeBase recommends proactive steps you can take to ensure that you are doing everything you can to keep your account and data safe. Please note the section on 2-Step Verification, which is recommended for those who do not regularly use public computers.
Friday, April 15, 2016
There is an issue with network printing. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently toward a resolution.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Firewall and administrative systems maintenance on Sunday, 4/10, from 7 a.m. until noon. #MaintainIT
Information Services will be performing maintenance on the firewall and administrative systems on Sunday, 4/10, from 7 a.m. to noon. During this time, all services will be affected intermittently.
In support of DePauw Dialogue, the HelpDesk and ID Card Office will be closed for consultations from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 4/6.
Please contact us at HelpDesk@depauw.edu or leave a message at (765) 658-4294 and we will get back with you when we return to the office on Thursday. If there is a campus-wide system outage, please report it to our emergency hotline at (765) 658-6666.
We look forward to participating with you at this important campus event.