We are receiving multiple reports of a phishing scam with a subject of "HelpDesk at DePauw" asking you to update your email account with F-Secure R-HTK4S. This is NOT from DePauw's HelpDesk. Do not click on the link or reply to it.
The Secure your Google Apps account article on the IT KnowledgeBase recommends proactive steps you can take to ensure that you are doing everything you can to keep your account and data safe. Please note the section on 2-Step Verification, which is recommended for those who do not regularly use public computers.
When you receive any suspicious email, we recommend the following:
- Do not respond to or click on any embedded links or attachments.
- Select the suspicious email in your mailbox, then click Report spam to remove it from your account and to report it to Google. When you do this, you may be given two options:
- Report spam
- Unsubscribe and report spam - Please choose option #1 only - the Report spam option.
- Change your Google Apps Account password immediately if you replied to a suspicious email or opened an attachment by following the step-by-step instructions at Change password: Google Apps Account (email) on the IT KnowledgeBase.
- Follow the suggestions at Protecting your computer from malware any time you receive a suspicious email.
- Run a virus scan as a further precaution if you have received a suspicious email. The Healthy Computing article on the IT KnowledgeBase is the place to go to learn how you can download and run Symantec Endpoint Protection on your computer.
Browse to the IT KnowledgeBase Spam article to learn more about DePauw's guidelines for official communications.