We are receiving multiple reports of spam with a subject of "Semester Assessment". With so many members of our community returning to campus following Winter Term, please be aware that this may be the first of many email attacks.
When you receive any suspicious email, we recommend the following:
- Do not respond or click on any embedded links or attachments.
- Select the suspicious email in your mailbox, then click Report spam to remove it from your account and to report it to Google.When you do this, you will be given two options:
- Report spam
- Unsubscribe and report spam - Please choose option #1 only - the Report spam option.
- Change your Google Apps Account password immediately if you replied to a suspicious email or opened an attachment by following the step-by-step instructions at Change password: Google Apps Account (email) on the IT KnowledgeBase.
- Follow the suggestions at Protecting your computer from malware any time you receive a suspicious email.
- Run a virus scan as a further precaution if you have received a suspicious email. The Healthy Computing article on the IT KnowledgeBase is the place to go to learn how you can download and run Symantec Endpoint Protection on your computer.