From Carol L. Smith, CIO
Remember -- Starting on May 1 all new email sent to DePauw will go to your Google Apps account instead of GroupWise/Tigermail.
Many DePauw students, faculty and staff members have activated their Google Apps accounts already, but there are many more to go. If you haven’t yet activated your account, do it today!
As always, if you have any questions about the Google Apps rollout (or any other IT-related projects), please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
--Carol. “I’ve gone Google. Have you?”
To find out your Google Apps password and activate your account, you can:
- Go to http://tinyurl.com/depauw-go-google
- Or visit the Google Apps Activation StationMonday-Friday, 11:00am-1:00pm
Stop by, learn more about Google at DePauw, and get help getting started with Google Apps!
Some common questions that are answered in the following include:
- What happens if my Google Apps account isn't activated by May 1?
- Is it complicated to activate my Google Apps account?
- I’m a Senior and graduate this spring; do I have to move over to my Google Apps account?
- Will I still be able to read my old GroupWise/Tigermail email after May 1?
- I’ve activated my Google Apps account, but haven’t received any new mail there yet. Why not?
- Can I send email to DePauw distribution lists from Google Apps (i.e., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) after May 1?
- I tried to log in with the password indicated at http://tinyurl.com/depauw-go-google, but it didn’t seem to work. What should I do?
- I don’t have a student or employee ID; how do I find my Google Apps password?
- Where else can I get help with Google Apps?